Sunday, January 15, 2012

Take a Look, It's in a(n)... iPod...

I finished LISTENING to ''Unlimited" by Jillian Michaels the other day. This was all thanks to my mama's Christmas gift to me of a three month audible.com membership. She is ADDICTED to Audible, so why shouldn't I be?

It was great to actually have the voice of Jillian reading her book to me, rather then just my own inner voice. Jillian definitely has a way to get you pumped up, fired up, mad in a motivating way, and then feeling reflective, all in the same moment. I really enjoyed this book for several reasons:

#1: Working it Out- Throughout the book there are sections where you get to answer Jillian's tough questions to really get at your own inner answers, dreams, problems, etc. Unfortunately, as I was "reading" I was usually driving, therefore I could not be writing. But on her website you can access all of the "Working it Out" pages, which I have done, and am continuing to do.
#2: I really enjoyed all of Jillian's examples. She has LOTS of great examples from her time on "The Biggest Loser" and also from her personal life. These really help drive  her principles and lessons home.
#3: She mosdef keeps it real. She admits her faults, and that is still working on a lot of the things she preaches about in the book. She admits that this will be HARD, but totally worth it. I like that honesty/humility in an author, especially one who has experienced so much success and has such a hot bod.


Jillian definitely asks tough questions and really forces you to dig deep. I would recommend reading this book when you are really ready to be motivated and face some of your demons. I might even listen to certain chapters again as I continue going through the "Working it Out" pages. I truly enjoyed this book and will continue to use it as a personal resource. Jillian uses a lot of quotes from Khalil Gibran's "The Prophet," so I think I'm going to have to read that book now, too! All in all, I highly recommend this book!

And now I am reading "Matched" by Ally Condie, thanks to a recommendation from my lovely cousin, who always recommends so many great books. I just started the book on Saturday and I am HOOKED! I can't wait to snuggle up in my bed and read it. Pretty sure that's what I am going to do right now...

Au Revoir!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment