Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Good Vibrations

Well, the fair is OVER! YAY! And I'm pretty sure it was a smashing success, but sometimes being so close to something makes you see all of the faults. And now I have an incredible lack of desire to go to work! I need like a two week vacation. :)

And I'm a little bummed because now I feel like I can finally enjoy summer-- but all of the stores have Halloween stuff in them, Josh is back in school, and the weather is considerably cooler. But I will have none of it! Normally, I am really excited for fall, but I don't think I got enough swimming, bbq-ing, and fun in this summer. We're going to celebrate summer in September! So, sometime Josh and I will go to Cowabunga Bay (hollerrrr), hang out with Emily & Matt, go camping or explore some kind of wilderness, and have fun! Maybe some of this fun can leak into October, too!

I also want the world to know that I got hooked on "The Hunger Games." A big shoutout goes to Emily Earl for lending her copy to me. Another shout out goes to this past Sunday, where I pretty much read the entire book in one day. Couldn't put it down!!! And now I have to wait for some fool to turn in their library book so I can read the next one. Someone's book is past due... they are messing with my mind!

I've also been enjoying my guilty pleasures-- "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and "Bachelor Pad." I don't know what it is, but I eat up anything that has to do with those Kardashian girls. And "Bachelor Pad?" I have no shame.












I am in need of some serious motivation to work out more. There is a little bud inside of me, but it just needs some Miracle Gro... or I just need a kick in the pants! Any words of motivation would be greatly appreciated!

Going back to guilty pleasures, I love Katy Perry's song "Teenage Dream" and the music video for Taylor Swift's "Mine" is SUPER CUTE!!!

5 comments:

  1. I can't lie -- every time I see anything Kardashian, I say to Caleb, "Megan loves these girls." You're inextricably tied to each other in my mind.

    Also, how old am I getting that I hate the Teenage Dream song? When I hear the lyrics, all I can think about is my unborn child hearing this song and dedicating it to her teenaged boyfriend and being like, "This is OUR song, so obviously we should go all the way tonight too." Don't ever have babies -- they make you uncool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the fair being a success! Grace told me about 'The Hunger Games' and I've started the first book and love it! I can't wait to finish. I hear they're making it into a movie next year. I wish I knew who was cast so I could prepare myself while I read.

    I'm not watching all of the Pad this season. But I do go to my friend's house every week and she shows me all the highlights on her DVR. A kissing contest? Sick. And Elizabeth's blond hair? It's not as fun when you don't watch every one because you're not in the middle of it. And from an outsider's perspective, those people are insane! I even think Gia was ridiculous, and I loved her on The Bachelor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is kamilla, and i think we're pretty much twins because i LOVE keeping up with the kardashians AND katy perrys song teenage dream!! miss you megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" I can't wait for the new episode in a few hours. ;) It looks exciting.

    While the Davis County Fair was da bomb!! I am so glad the fair is done and you get to have FUN!!! Fall starts in 16-17 days...get crackin'!!!

    Can you believe we just set our DVR for Fall shows? What are we gonna do? AI, DWTS, Grey's and so many more. We like The Middle, Parenthood, GLEE (HELLLLLO!!!!)....UGH!! I am so excited for fall shows. YAY!! More stuff to cram in my day.

    Ok! I best get to bed, kids will be up in a few short hours. See you soon. LOVE YOU. (visit my new blog. hint! hint!) Give Josh a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want to say thanks for posting that cookie recipe a while back. I am very proud to say that I can make a mean chocolate chip cookie now. Before they tasted fine, but they used to deflate and were crispy, but now....I have made them twice, so I know it wasn't a fluke. I think the key was #1-read the directions for my oven and I learned that for the speed bake you need to drop the temp by 25 once you reach the desired recipe temp and #2 the amount of time for the blending of ingredients. I was only mixing until mixed but to blend for 3 mins, that adds a lot of fluff. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete