Saturday, January 8, 2011

So Fresh & So Clean

Well friends, I am pleased as punch with this new blogger design stuff! I had so much fun this morning! What's even cooler is representing with this cool "Hatch" photo. I looked up some Stubbs ones (holla!), but I'll have to save those for another day. Hatch is the new Stubbs, ya know. :)

This week has been pretty bizarre. We thought we were moving to this AWESOME place, and now we are NOT. In fact we can't get out of this joint until March 31st. We can't even look for a new place for like a month. But we have high hopes that we will find something just as fabulous. Cross your fingers!

One of my coworkers passed away this week-- very unexpectedly. He always got to work at like 6am, he had a heart attack, and one of our other coworkers found him later, called 911, and he passed away at the hospital. I have never had anything like this happen. He was a heavy smoker and we have several other smokers on our crew. He was only 56. So sad, and I still can't believe it's real.

Death still eludes me, especially with its finality. It's hard to imagine never seeing a person again. Thank you "Plan of Salvation!" Makes things a little easier.

I got to talk to one of my best friends from back in elementary school. I think I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I LOVE those friends who you can not talk to or see for ages, and when you get together you pick up right where you left off. Those are true friends. I have some bangin' ones.

So, all in all, 2011 is off to a rocky start. But I have dreams! My friend actually wrote down her goals this year, and that is a great inspiration to me. I have never really done that for my personal life. But I mosdef.com do it at work!

From now on, I'm taking charge of my life. I will not claim to be a victim of circumstance; I own my decisions. My biggest goals (which, so far so good!):

~Lose weight! I'm rocking it on loseit.com and I'm apparently the only person who uses the gym in this apartment complex. Yay for me, cuz that means I can sing along out loud. :)

~Become debt free! Dave Ramsey is my best friend in this quest, and he doesn't even know it! He doesn't even know how many times we ask ourselves,
"What would Dave Ramsey do??"
Seriously folks, read "Total Money Makeover." It's not even boring! It's inspiring! I think we'll get free in just enough time to become indebted with Josh's school loans. But I don't care!

~Take more pictures! I'm tending to shy away from the camera these days, and I hate when other people do that. Let's document and embrace it!

Much love!
-M

2 comments:

  1. Oh Megz,

    First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your co-worker. Sudden deaths are awful!! It is such a blessing to believe in the "Plan". I don't know what we would do without it. ((Hugs))

    You will ROCK the new place, where ever it is. That is for sure. I can't wait to see "it".

    Here are my Yearly Goals:
    -More Quality Family Time
    -Reach my goal weight
    -Pay down debt
    -Spend more time with my friends
    -Have a clean car, at all times. (stupid but mine)

    Happy New Year!!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE NEW BACKGROUND, perfection!!

    ReplyDelete